Ronald R. Fieldstone
Corporate SEC Counsel: Arnstein & Lehr LLP
Ronald R. Fieldstone is a partner in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP, specializing in corporate/securities and taxation law.
Mr. Fieldstone has published numerous articles and has been a lecturer in the fields of real estate, corporate/securities, tax law, and franchise law for the past 40 years. He currently practices primarily in the areas of corporate/securities and taxation law. He graduated from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania in 1971 (magna cum laude) and received joint MBA/JD degrees from Wharton School and University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1974.
Since 2009 Mr. Fieldstone has actively been involved in serving as corporate/securities counsel for multifaceted industries involving EB-5 immigrant visa investor offerings representing both developers and regional centers involving in excess of 100 projects and a combined capital raise of in excess of $2 billion. Mr. Fieldstone’s corporate/securities work includes the preparation of private placement memoranda and related documents. Mr. Fieldstone actively lectures and publishes in the EB-5 corporate/securities fields for numerous government sponsored and industry trade organizations and professional; Mr. Fieldstone recently served as a committee member of the IIUSA’s Best Practices Committee.
Mr. Fieldstone was a principal in a Blockbuster Video franchise that operated 25 stores in eight states from 1987 until October, 1995. He is a principal of a multi-state lithotripsy company and was also a principal of Barnie’s Coffee and Tea, Inc., the owner of the Barnie’s operating system with approximately 80 corporate units and 20 franchised units from 2001 until 2004.
Mr. Fieldstone has extensive real estate holdings in the State of Florida and served as a managing partner of Landmark Residential from 1999 until 2008, which has served as the sponsor and manager of approximately 20,000 multi-family units in the states of Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and North Carolina that were liquidated over a period of 12 years for in excess of $1 billion.
- Speaker, "EB-5 Capital Raising and Citizenship" and "EB-5 Investments and Entrepreneur Visas," International Lawyers Network Annual Meeting (May 2014)
- Speaker, “Effective EB-5 Capital Raising Seminar,” Wright Johnson and NES Financial Deerfield Beach EB-5 Conference (April 2014)
- Speaker, “EB-5 Visas and Foreign Investments in Real Estate as a Capital Source: What your Developer Client Needs to Know,” American Bar Association (April 2014)
- Speaker, “4th Annual Invest in America Summit and Exhibition,” Artisan Business Group (USA) Inc., China (March 2014)
- Speaker, “Public/Private Construction Partnerships: Developing, Preserving and Leveraging Public Assets,” The Seminar Group, Florida (March 2014)
- Speaker, “Quarterly Meeting,” Invest in Texas Initiative (February 2014)
- Speaker, “2014 Success Strategies for EB-5 Regional Centers Seminar,” NES Financial EB-5 Conference (February 2014)
- Speaker, “EB-5 Matters,” Press Conference with Six Chinese Publications, New York City (July 2013)
- Speaker, “2013 EB-5 Investment Summit: Dealmaker’s Conference,” Los Angeles (May 30, 2013)
- Speaker, “2013 Invest in America Summit & Exhibition,” Shanghai, China (March 2013)
- Speaker, “South Florida EB-5 Finance Workshop, Professional Networking & Holiday Bash” (November 8, 2012)
- Speaker, “2nd Annual IIUSA EB-5 Investment & Economic Development Forum,” Laguna Beach (April 2012)
- Speaker, “The 2012 EB-5 Investment Summit – Dealmakers Conference,” New York (April 2012)
- Speaker, “The 2nd Annual National EB-5 Finance & Investment Forum,” Miami (March 2012)
- Speaker, “The Invest in America 2012 Summit & Exhibition,” Shanghai, China (February 2012)
- Speaker, various organizations on EB-5 Securities/Corporate matters, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Florida (2011)
- Speaker, “Structure and Underwriting of Commercial Real Estate Loans,” Miami (December 2004)
- Speaker, “Essentials of Section 1031 Exchanged in Florida,” Miami (December 2004)
- Speaker, “Buying and Selling a Business in Florida,” Miami (December 2001, 2000)
- Speaker, “Selected Issues in Franchising Today,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section (December 1997)
- Speaker, “Practical Aspects of Franchisee Representation,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section (December 1996)
- Speaker, “International Franchising,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Miami (December 1995)
- Speaker, “Franchise Law, Structures and Strategies,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Fort Lauderdale (December 1994)
- Speaker, “Emerging Issues and Franchise Negotiations, ”The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Miami (December 1993)
- Speaker, “Representing Franchises: Purchase, Sale and Transfer/Franchise Disputes,” The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Miami (December 1992)
- Speaker, “Advanced Real Estate Seminar,” National Business Institute, Miami (June 1992)
- Speaker, “Basic Real Estate Seminar,” National Business Institute, Miami (February 1992)
- Author, “EB-5 Capital for the Franchise Industry,” Franchising USA Magazine (April 3, 2014)
- Author, “Foreign investors should consider visa program,” Daily Business Review (February 25, 2014)
- Author, “Green-card program gets due diligence,” Miami Herald (February 25, 2013)
- Contributor, “Tax Planning a Necessity for Immigrant Investors,” AccountingToday (August 23, 2013)
- Contributor, "Jobs creation tied to investment," China Daily (August 9, 2013)
- Author, “Foreign Investors Program Credited as Lifeline to Capital for Small Business Enterprises,” Latin Business Club of America (August 5, 2013)
- Author, “A Visa Program for the Franchise Industry,” International Franchise Association (May 2013)
- Author, “Visa Program’s Side Effects Include Investments — and Legal Work," (November 12, 2012)
- Author, “EB-5 Program Infuses Foreign Capital Into U.S.,” REBusiness Online (September 11, 2012)
- Co-Author, “The EB-5 Definitive Guide to Raising Capital,” (August 2012)
- Author, “EB-5 Program Can Be Lifeline to Capital,” Miami Herald (June 5, 2012)
- Author, “How Foreign Investors Can Get a Green Card In Exchange for $1 Million,” Business Insider (March 23, 2012)
- Author, “USCIS EB-5 Program – Current States/Pros & Cons,” Business Insider (March 1, 2012)
- Author, “Prospects for Development of EB-5 Regional Centre to Sponsor Foreign Investment in the US Immigration Program,” Financier Worldwide Magazine (December 2011)
- Author, “EB-5 Program and Real Estate Opportunities,” Marcus & Millichamp (December 2011)
- Author, “Securities Law Issues, Including Broker-Dealer/Finder Fees,” The Association to Invest in the USA (IIUSA), (September 2011)
- Listed in the 2011-2014 issues of South Florida Legal Guide’s Top Real Estate, Corporate/Commercial Transactions and Taxation Lawyers.
- Recipient of the Miami International Chamber’s 2013 International Business Leadership Award.
- Listed in the 2004 – 2013 issues of Florida Trend as one of a select group of attorneys and has been listed in the South Florida Business Journal in its Commercial Transactions section.
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 1974)
Wharton School (MBA 1974)
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (B.S., 1971, Magna Cum Laude)
The Florida Bar
United States District Court
United States Tax Court
- “Ronald Fieldston presents “Securities Law Compliance & Deterring Fraud” during AILA Conference” (July 2014)
- “Arnstein & Lehr serves as host firm during the International Lawyers Network's annual meeting held in Chicago” (May 2014)
- “Ronald Fieldstone speaks at Los Angeles EB-5 boot camp” (May 2014)
- “Ronald Fieldstone contributes to Law360 article on increasing popularity” (May 2014)
- “Ronald R. Fieldstone to present at EB-5 capital raising seminar” (April 2014)
- “Ronald R. Fieldstone publishes EB-5 article on raising capital with Franchising USA Magazine” (April 2014)
- “Ronald R. Fieldstone listed as a "distinguished guest" at recent summit in China” (April 2014)