Elinette Ruiz is an associate in the Miami office of Arnstein & Lehr LLP. She is a member of the firm’s Municipal & Governmental, Property Tax Appeals, and Land Use practice groups. Prior to joining Arnstein & Lehr, Ms. Ruiz was an associate at the firm of Becker & Poliakoff in Miami.
Ms. Ruiz concentrates her practice in the areas of Land Use and Zoning, Government Procurement, Administrative Law and Liquor Licensing on behalf of a wide range of clients. She has experience at the local, state and federal levels of government. Ms. Ruiz represents builders, developers and land owners in all aspects of land use through the entire development process, from zoning approvals to subdivision, including due diligence reviews, vested rights claims, local comprehensive plan amendments, historic preservation approvals, permit matters, Brownfields redevelopment and environmental issues. Ms. Ruiz also represents private companies doing business with government agencies through the intricate public procurement process, including quasi-judicial bid protests and related litigation.
Ms. Ruiz previously served as an Assistant to the Miami Dade County Mayor in the Office of the Senior Advisor. She also gained valuable experience in Washington, D.C. in the U.S. House of Representatives as a Staff Assistant for Congressman Diaz Balart, and as an Intern at the U.S. Department of State, Department of Public Affairs. As a law student, Ms. Ruiz had the honor to serve as a Law Clerk for The Honorable Judge Mario P. Goderich, Third District Court of Appeal. Prior to law school, she spent three years in the financial industry gaining valuable business acumen as a Registered Sales Associate with Citi Global Wealth Management Smith Barney obtaining a General Securities (Series 7) License from the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD).
Professional Activities and Achievements
- League Against Cancer “Liga Contra el Cancer”
- Cuban American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Gulliver Preparatory Alumni Association
- Contributing Editor, International Law Digest of Florida Cases, International Litigation and Arbitration Committee of the International Law Section of the Florida Bar, March 2004
St. Thomas of Villanova University (J.D.)
St. Thomas of Villanova University (B.A.)
George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
State of Florida
- “Miguel Diaz de la Portilla and Elinette Ruiz secure win for first rural dog kennel in Miami Dade County” (June 2014)
- “Miguel Diaz de la Portilla and Elinette Ruiz successfully gain approval for largest charter school in Florida” (June 2014)
- “Elinette Ruiz presents award at alma mater Gulliver Prep” (May 2014)