Condominium & Community Associations
Latest News and Publications
Click the link for a PDF of the May 2014 Condominium & Community Association Bulletin - Closed Board “Workshops” Held Unlawful.
Click the link for a PDF of the Illinois Appellate Court’s May 2, 2014 Opinion in Palm v. 2800 Lake Shore (“Palm II”).
Click the link for a PDF of Arnstein & Lehr’s Illinois Condominium Property Act Handbook – 2014 Edition.
Click the link to request a hard copy of Arnstein & Lehr’s Illinois Condominium Property Act Handbook – 2014 Edition.
Click the link for a PDF of Arnstein & Lehr’s Common Interest Community Association Act Handbook – 2014 Edition.
Click the link for a PDF of the December 2013 Condominium & Community Association Bulletin – Chicago Bed Bug Ordinance.
Click the link for a PDF of the Fall 2013 Condominium & Community Association Bulletin – Tenant Protection Laws Enhance Association Revenues.
Click the link for the PowerPoint from David Sugar’s May 29, 2013 CAI Webinar.
Click the link for a PDF of the Community Association Manager Licensing and Disciplinary Act.
About the Condominium & Community Associations Practice Group
Arnstein & Lehr has made a full and ongoing commitment to serving clients in the community association field. We currently advise over 500 common interest communities and offer a full range of services, including representation during and through the developer transition period.
We are involved in day-to-day association operations, including:
- Issuing of legal opinions interpreting the association’s governing documents
- Assisting in declaration and by-laws amendments
- Counseling regarding rule making and enforcement
- Handling condominium development and conversion
- Handling loan negotiation and documentation
- Counseling regarding zoning matters
- Assisting in labor and employment-related issues
- Handling general corporate work
- Handling assessment collections
- Assisting with construction defect litigation
- Handling federal and local housing discrimination complaints on behalf of condominium associations
- Property tax appeals by our Property Tax Appeals Practice Group
Our negotiation and litigation capabilities in the association field combine years of community association experience with a cost-effective approach to case management. Our partners have achieved recognition as leaders in the field based upon their successful involvement with novel cases of first impression, as well as their frequent writing and speaking engagements at both the local and national level on current issues of importance to the community association.