Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Mergers & Acquisitions practice group includes combinations of corporations, both for-profit and not-for-profit, limited liability companies, partnerships, and limited partnerships. Those services include client counseling, structuring, negotiating, drafting and implementing a wide variety of entity combinations, and includes mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, asset and stock dispositions, tender offers, and reorganizations. The Firm represents clients in sales and acquisitions of stock and assets for both buyers and sellers. Our mergers and acquisitions clients include privately and publicly held businesses, as well as trade associations and not-for-profit organizations. The nature of our mergers and acquisitions clients’ businesses include manufacturing, distributing, industrial, hi-tech, retailing, credit and financial, banking, investment banking, health care, and public relations.
Our services include:
- Counseling clients in connection with organization, daily business operations, and governance issues in preparation for a merger and acquisition transaction
- Planning ownership succession and transfer, and preparing buy-sell agreements
- Due diligence
- Providing antitrust analysis
- Compliance with governmental regulations, including Hart-Scott-Rodino notices
- Preparing regulatory filings (including DOJ, FTC, SEC, and stock exchanges)
- Advising with respect to financing
- Tax counseling
Attorneys in this area work closely with members of our Firm’s Tax practice group to help ensure optimal tax results for our clients in mergers and acquisitions transactions.