- Arnstein & Lehr Chicago Attorneys Participated in ISBA Bankruptcy Seminar
- Arnstein Chicago Partner Joins Webinar Series Discussing Common Business Disputes
- Nineteen Arnstein & Lehr Attorneys Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers 2016, Four Named Rising Stars
- Arnstein & Lehr Litigation Chair George Apostolides Gives Advice to Associates in Law360
- Arnstein & Lehr Litigation Partners Gain Major Medical Malpractice Victory
George Apostolides is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office and Chair of the Litigation Practice Group. His practice focuses on business and bankruptcy litigation, and he handles cases in federal and state courts both in Illinois and nationwide. He has practiced with the firm since his graduation from Northwestern University School of Law in 1995, and has years of experience managing business risk for his clients, litigating disputes, and, if necessary, taking cases to arbitration or trial.
Mr. Apostolides’ clients range from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and individuals. He provides a range of services for those clients, including litigation avoidance consulting, prosecuting claims for damages, and defending cases filed against the clients. His focus is always on his clients’ needs and interests in both the short and long term.
If litigation is necessary, Mr. Apostolides has handled hundreds of cases in jurisdictions throughout the country and has first-chair trial experience both in courtrooms and before arbitration panels. He also has handled numerous appeals and has argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Mr. Apostolides has extensive experience handling commercial disputes, including:
- breach of contract
- avoidance and recovery of fraudulent transfers under the bankruptcy code
- avoidance and recovery of fraudulent transfers under the state law
- Uniform Commercial Code violations
- avoidance and recovery of preference payments
- guaranty collection matters, post-judgment proceedings
- real estate litigation
- breach of fiduciary duty claims
- shareholder disputes
In addition, he has handled tort cases from his earliest days as an attorney and has experience handling insurance and liability issues.