- Arnstein & Lehr Chicago Partners Published in December 2016 SubStance Magazine
- Arnstein & Lehr Construction Attorneys Published in ABA Forum Newsletter, Co-Host Mason Contractors Webinar
- Four Arnstein & Lehr LLP Chicago Lawyers Published in SubStance Magazine
- Arnstein Chicago Partner Provides Insight on Recent Changes to Illinois Mechanics Lien Act
- Arnstein & Lehr LLP Grows Construction Practice
James T. Rohlfing is a partner in the Chicago based law firm of Arnstein & Lehr LLP. He serves as chair of the firm’s Construction Practice Group. Mr. Rohlfing is a Martindale-Hubbell AV rated attorney, whose practice is focused in the areas of construction law and business litigation. Mr. Rohlfing is the editor and a chapter author of the West Publication Illinois Construction Law Manual.
Since being admitted to the Illinois bar in 1982, Mr. Rohlfing has represented subcontractors, contractors and others in the construction industry to avoid and resolve legal disputes and protect his client’s rights. He has led dozens of trials and appeals involving business litigation and construction law, and successfully resolved hundreds of related legal matters for his clients. He has also drafted and assisted in passing Illinois legislation critical to contractors and the construction industry in general. In addition, he has authored numerous articles on construction law and litigation, and he is frequently invited to speak on commercial litigation and construction law topics before construction industry groups and practicing attorneys.
Mr. Rohlfing is general counsel and past president of the Illinois Mechanical & Specialty Contractor’s Association (IMSCA), the largest and most effective organization for subcontractors in Illinois. He is an active member of IMSCA, the Chicago Bar Association’s Construction Law committee, and the Association of Subcontractors and Affiliates in Chicago. On several occasions, Mr. Rohlfing has testified before the Illinois legislature as the representative of the Illinois construction industry on legislation of crucial importance to the industry. In addition, he has been retained by other attorneys as an “expert witness” on issues related to the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act.
Previously, he was the founder and principal of James T. Rohlfing & Associates, P.C., a Chicago law firm focused on construction law. Mr. Rohlfing received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1979 from Marquette University and his Juris Doctorate from DePaul University College of Law in 1982. At DePaul he wrote for the law review.
- Arpac Corporation v. Murray, 226 Ill.App.3d 65, 589 N.E.2d 640 (1st Dist 1992)
- Laurel Motors, Inc. v. Airways Transp. Group of Companies, Inc, 284 Ill.App.3d 312,672 N.E.2d 785 (2nd Dist 1996)
- Onsite Engineering & Management v. Illinois Tool Work, Inc, 319 Ill.App.3d 362, 744 N.E.2d 928 (1st Dist 2001)
- Shaw Industries, Inc. v. Community College Dist. No. 515, 318 Ill.App.3d 661, 741 N.E.2d 642 (1st Dist. 2001)