Steven N. Malitz is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee, partner in the Litigation Practice Group and is the firm’s Pro Bono chair.
Mr. Malitz is the trusted advisor and general counsel to highly successful entrepreneurs, and has obtained many victories in over 70 trials, arbitrations, appeals and mediations in the following matters:
- Contract and fraud disputes.
- Shareholder disputes including injunctions, fiduciary duty, oppression, accounting and buyouts.
- Creditors’ rights matters including collections and fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Employment matters including restrictive covenants, termination, trade secrets and discrimination.
- Real estate litigation including broker representation before IDFPR, specific performance, rescission, quiet title, defects, leasing, construction and premise liability.
- Intellectual property matters including trademark, copyright and licenses.
Mr. Malitz provides the following value to his clients:
- Your point person, on-call 24/7, with rapid-fire turnaround.
- Full-service, one-stop counseling through niche practice teammates.
- Equity partner at century-old law firm, plugged-in to the business, legal and political communities.
- Law professor, bar group leader, continuing education instructor and published author.
- Though armed for litigation, emphasizes litigation avoidance and cost savings through alternative dispute resolution, by studying your business, and by drafting solid contracts.
- Adds value by providing industry information and legal updates, and through cross-selling.