The bankruptcy lawyers in our Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights & Restructuring Practice Group have extensive experience providing a broad range of services in situations involving financially troubled businesses and individuals.
Our Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Legal Services
Our expertise includes:
- Representing debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 proceedings and other types of insolvency proceedings
- Representing secured and unsecured lenders and other creditors in bankruptcy court proceedings, as well as in pre-petition negotiations
- Counseling equity security holders and bondholders Representing creditors’ committees and handling assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Creating plans of reorganization
- Advising lenders with respect to workouts and restructurings outside of bankruptcy
- Handling debtor-in-possession financing arrangements
- Counseling regarding commercial restructurings
- Representing acquirors and acquirees in purchases, sales, and liquidations of troubled businesses, both within and outside of bankruptcy court proceedings
- Handling preference and fraudulent conveyance matters
- Handling out-of-court restructuring agreements and plans of reorganization
- Counseling directors and officers of insolvent corporations concerning fiduciary duty and related issues
Evidenced by the above examples, our practice group has the skills and expertise to represent both debtors and creditors in a variety of contexts, including business strategy and negotiation and, if necessary, bankruptcy filings and litigation. We are involved in bankruptcy proceedings in Illinois and Florida, as well as in courts in other regions of the country. Prior to the commencement of court proceedings, we counsel distressed businesses as to the various alternatives in order to maximize the benefits to which they are entitled under applicable law. We also work with secured and unsecured creditors in the pre-petition phase in order to best protect their rights. Our practice group represents both publicly held and privately owned businesses of all sizes. Our clients span a diverse range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, finance, insurance, e-commerce, transportation, health care, real estate, construction, and communications. The Firm’s bankruptcy attorneys are not only creative and innovative, but also practical in resolving the often complex issues arising in situations involving financially troubled businesses and individuals. We are able to draw upon and benefit from the wide depth of expertise offered by the Firm’s other practice groups, including Tax, Business, Securities, Real Estate, Environmental, Employment, and Health Care. This type of interdisciplinary approach enables us to skillfully and efficiently deal with even the most complicated issues facing our clients.