The Arnstein & Lehr Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation law group counsels large and small organizations, executives and entrepreneurs on all aspects of executive compensation, equity ownership, employee pension and welfare benefit plans including 401(k), employee stock ownership, profit-sharing, pension, compensation, medical, severance, and other benefit plans.
Our Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Legal Services
Our services include:
- Designing, preparing and implementing qualified and non-qualified plans for privately and publicly held companies, not-for-profit organizations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships
- Preparing and measuring executive compensation programs, incentive plans, and stock option programs
- Structuring corporate transactions to obtain the best possible result from an employee benefit point of view in mergers, acquisitions, stock or asset sales, and other dispositions
- Implementing and administering benefit plans for small and large businesses
- Obtaining favorable determination letters and private letter rulings from the Internal Revenue Service on benefit issues
- Providing ongoing consultation and assistance with respect to the compensation and retirement programs and plans of both small and large businesses
Our employee benefits & executive compensation lawyers and together with our Labor & Employment and our Litigation practice groups have extensive experience in disputes involving ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, GINA, employee benefits coverage issues, state and federal wage payment laws. They frequently appear before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, and handle audits by the DOL, DOJ, OFCCP and state agencies. In addition to representing benefit plans and the employers which sponsor benefit plans, Arnstein & Lehr frequently represents plan trustees, fiduciaries, and plan administrators in connection with benefit claims, audits and government investigations. Our employee benefits & executive compensation law group also deals with issues involving union- sponsored benefit plans, including claims for unpaid contributions, withdrawal liability and related issues.