Our real estate lawyers provide a full range of sophisticated real estate services to our clients, which include corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, municipalities, owners, developers, lenders, borrowers, condominium and other forms of common interest communities, landlords, tenants, and other parties involved in all aspects of real estate development, ownership, and management. Our experienced real estate attorneys can meet any need our clients may face, no matter how complex.
Our Real Estate Legal Services
Our services include:
- Assisting clients to structure, negotiate, conduct due diligence, and close transactions involving the purchase, sale, lease, and financing of real estate.
- Enforcing the rights and remedies of parties in default situations, typically involving disputes relating to the purchase, sale, lease, and financing of real estate, covenant interpretation and enforcement, and all types of construction-related matters.
- Counseling condominium, cooperative, and homeowner associations, offering this unique client base a full range of services that include contract negotiation and preparation, governance and enforcement matters, loan transactions, bid analysis and other construction matters, labor and general employment issues, general corporate work, and commercial litigation.
- Structuring tax advantaged transactions such as like-kind exchanges and acquisitions of land and buildings of all types.
- Handling shopping center acquisitions, expansions, leases, sales, and financings, multi-use high rise property, hotels and office parks.
- Representing lenders in all aspects of their businesses, from the restructuring of loan portfolios to the negotiation and documentation of construction loans and other loans secured by mortgages upon real estate, the workout of defaulted loans, foreclosures, and bankruptcies.
- Counseling regarding environmental matters.
- Representing property owners, tenants, management companies, community and condominium associations, and taxpayers in state and local property tax assessment appeals to lower our clients’ real estate taxes.
- Representing lenders in the creation of loan programs and the structuring of portfolio transactions.
- Counseling in areas relating to land development and land use such as annexation, planning approvals, zoning, subdivision, annexation, and condemnation matters, and the preparation of underlying covenants and reciprocal contracts which may be required to create a common interest regime or to cover the sharing of burdens and responsibilities between adjoining land owners.
- Assisting clients with arranging incentives for real estate development and improvement.
We have a broad depth of experience handling virtually all types of real estate litigation, including proceedings involving condemnation, mechanics’ liens, real estate taxation, landlord-tenant disputes, disputes arising in condominium and common interest community associations, contract rescission, environmental problems, construction disputes, zoning issues, actions to quiet title and partition matters. In addition, we are able to skillfully represent lenders, landlords, tenants, developers, and other real estate clients in situations involving financially distressed businesses, both within and outside of bankruptcy court proceedings.